What is testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone produced by the human body which is dominant in males. Testicles produce this hormone in men. A man’s appearance (body and facial hair) and other sexual features are based on its levels.
It is responsible for the production of the reproductive cell sperm. It also helps in building muscle and bone mass.
Symptoms of low testosterone level:
1. Reduced sex drive: As it is responsible for production of sperm, low levels of this hormone causes in less sperm production, hence reduces sexual feelings.
2. Reduced erectile function: It isn’t the only factor for an erection, but it plays a big role since it stimulates receptors in the brain to produce nitric oxide which is necessary for an erection to happen. Low levels of it cause erection difficulties and it’s function.
3. Loss of body hair: DHT is produce in the body which is contained in the skin and hair follicles. Increase in DHT causes hair loss.
4. Low beard growth: Testosterone plays a significant role in boosting beard growth. A person might develop less beard due to low levels of this hormone.
5. Low muscle mass: As it helps build muscle, low levels of it causes decrease in muscle mass.
6. Fatigue: Low testosterone causes reduced energy levels, resulting in extreme fatigue, laziness and lack of motivation.
7. Obesity: Fat cells metabolize testosterone to estrogen. So, lower it is, the less is the fat burn and the muscle mass.
Causes of low testosterone:
As a man ages, the amount of testosterone his body produces gradually drops. Commonly, this happens after the age of 30 but there could be rare cases as well.
There can be multiple reasons for this to happen:
- Hypogonadism, a condition in which a person’s sex organs (testes and ovaries) fail to function properly.
- Injury or trauma to testicles.
- Pituitary gland malfunction which leads to hormone deficiency.
- Going through chemotherapy or other types of radiation.
- Some are born with conditions that cause TD such as Noonan syndrome and Ambiguous genitalia.
- Obesity or high levels of fat in the body cause Testosterone deficiency.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Chronic sleep apnea.
How to increase testosterone levels naturally?
1. Exercise: Exercising, weight lifting practicing yoga poses daily for an hour has shown great results.
2. Diet: Add natural foods such as eggs, nuts, protein, carbs and fats.
3. Sunlight: Get daily morning sun because sunlight contains vitamin D.
4. Get a multivitamin supplement: Multivitamin supplement is essential in todays world because of the modern day situation. It will help you get all those missed out nutrients.
5. High quality sleep: Sleep is the most important not only for boosting it but for replenishing vitality of the body.
6. Reduce stress: Listen to music, watch a movie or do anything that reduces your stress.
7. Ashwagandha and shilajit supplement: Add this ayurvedic supplement to you diet. This reduces stress and anxiety and increases energy and strength of the body, hence increasing the testosterone.
8. Reduce/quit junk food: Junk food is the worst when it comes to your health. It shuts down your whole system, makes you feel lethargic, sleepy, makes your body hit fatigue. Reduce it to minimum and you see the results very soon.
So this is all about low testosterone. Hope you understood about the factors that affect your life. So take good care of your lifestyle.
Now that you know the causes, symptoms, and ways to cure, practice it everyday and see how it changes your life and let us know in the comments section.
Do follow us on Instagram for great content and updates.