Sugarcane is a natural source of sugar and lots of essential nutrients. It is the best drink to have in summer. It is mainly grown in India after Brazil. The sugarcane plant is known as Saccharum Officinarum. The sugarcane juice is obtained from this plant by squeezing it using a special kind of machine.
In India, it is prepared by adding lemons, ginger, and ice in the summers. Jaggery, rum, molasses, biofuel, and ethanol are the by-products of sugarcane.
Sugarcane juice has amazing health benefits such as strengthening the bones, boosting the immune system, enhancing digestion, and relieving stress as it contains vital nutrients that our body needs.
Nutrients in Sugarcane juice
1 glass of juice contains around 180 calories-30 grams of sugar and dietary fiber. Nutrients such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, and amino acids are found. It also contains antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds which boosts overall health and lowers stress levels.
7 Amazing benefits of sugarcane juice:
1. Energy booster: It contains a natural sugar called sucrose which helps in boosting glucose levels in the body and you get a fresh kick of energy in the body. You can have it whenever you feel tired because it helps replenish lost sugar levels.
People who are involved in sports and gym can get so much out of this which will help them recover better from the hardcore physical activities.
2. Anti Infective property: Having this juice with the addition of lime juice, ginger helps in preventing urinary tract infection, especially when you experience a burning sensation while passing urine. It also helps in preventing kidney stones.
3. Liver protection: It contains antioxidants that protect the liver against infection and also maintain the bilirubin levels (an orange-yellow pigment formed in the liver by the breakdown of hemoglobin and excreted in bile).
It also replenishes your body with lost proteins as it contains several amino acids and nutrients required to recover from any kind of ailment rapidly.
4. Improves digestion: Potassium in sugarcane juice prevents stomach infection and helps in treating the problem of constipation. This in turn helps you have a calm and peaceful mind which will definitely help you in dealing with stress and anxiety.
5. Skincare: It is found to help fight acne, reduce blemishes, and delay aging which keeps our skin glowing. It is found that alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid in sugarcane help to maintain the glow of the skin.
6. Immunity booster: It helps fight against digestive disorders, liver diseases, and respiratory infections and lowers the inflammation which in turn boosts immunity. Antioxidants (neutralize the secretion of bilirubin levels) and vitamin C in sugarcane juice aids in strengthening the immune system.
Boosting immunity is the most important thing to keep diseases away.
7. Strengthens bones: Minerals contents such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and potassium have a vital part in strengthening the bones. Also lowers the risk of a bone disease called osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps.
So, having a glass of sugarcane juice daily helps you prevent diseases, keeps you energetic, helps remain stress-free, and whatnot. But that’s not all that you need to have to be healthy, you have to do more things to have a healthy life.