Sugarcane is a natural source of sugar and lots of essential nutrients. It is the best drink to have in summers. It is mainly grown in India after Brazil. Sugarcane plant is known as Saccharum Officinarum. The sugarcane juice is obatined from this plant by squeezing it using a special kind of machine.
In India it is prepared by adding lemons, ginger and ice in summers. Jaggery, rum, molasses, biofuel and ethanol are the by products of sugarcane.
Sugarcane juice has amazing health benefits such as strengthening the bones, boosting the immune system, enhancing digestion and relieving stress as it contains vital nutrients that our body needs.
Nutrients in Sugarcane juice:
1 glass of the juice contains around 180 calories-30 grams of sugar and dietary fibre. Nutrients such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin and amino acids are found. It also contains antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds which boosts overall health and lowers stress levels.
7 Amazing benefits of sugarcane juice:
1. Energy booster: It contains natural sugar called sucrose which helps in boosting glucose levels in the body and you get a fresh kick of energy in the body. You can have it whenever you feel tired because it helps replenish lost sugar levels.
People who are involved in sports and gym can get so much out of this which will help them recover better from the hardcore physical activities.
2. Anti Infective property: Having this juice with addition of lime juice, ginger helps in preventing urinary tract infection, especially when you experience burning sensation while passing urine. Also helps in preventing kidney stones.
3. Liver protection: It contains antioxidants which protects the liver against infection and also maintain the bilirubin levels (an orange-yellow pigment formed in the liver by the breakdown of haemoglobin and excreted in bile).
It also replenishes your body with lost proteins as it contains several amino acids and nutrients required to recover from any kind of ailment rapidly.
4. Improves digestion: Potassium in sugarcane juice prevents stomach infection and helps in treating the problem of constipation. This in turn helps you have a calm and peaceful mind which will definitely help you in dealing with stress and anxiety.
5. Skin care: It is found to help fight acne, reduce blemishes and delay ageing which keeps our skin glowing. Its found that alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid in sugarcane that helps to maintain the glow of the skin.
6. Immunity booster: It helps fight against digestive disorders, liver diseases, respiratory infections and lowers the inflammation which in turn boosts immunity. Antioxidants (neutralize the secretion of bilirubin’s levels) and vitamin C in sugarcane juice aids in strengthening the immune system.
Boosting immunity is the most important thing to keep diseases away.
7. Strengthens bones: Minerals contents such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and potassium which has a vital part in strengthening the bones. Also lowers the risk of osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps.
So, having a glass of sugarcane juice daily helps you prevent diseases, keeps you energetic, helps remain stress free, and what not. But that’s not all that you need to have to be healthy, you have to do more things to have a healthy life.
Do follow us on Instagram for great content and updates.