The Throat Chakra
The Throat Chakra, also called “Vishuddha” chakra is the fifth chakra in the human body located at the pit of the throat. The word “Vishuddha” literally means unstruck. This chakra is related to communication, self-expression, and the ability to speak the truth.
An imbalanced throat chakra can make your speech and communication poor, and you may not be able to speak your truth.
Its color is “Blue” and the element of this chakra is “Ether/Space”. The Vishuddha chakra seed mantra is “Ham”. The thyroid gland functions are connected to the throat chakra.
With an open throat chakra, you can speak your thoughts out clearly, communicate properly, express yourself without any hesitation or shyness, and have faith. You will gain wisdom because of the clarity that you have within yourself.
Signs of an imbalanced Throat Chakra:
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may face some problems regarding your physical health, such as:
- mouth ulcers
- gum issues
- thyroid problems
You may get these physical issues because of the imbalanced energy in the throat chakra. Anything related to the throat that is a sore throat, horse throat, and chronic issues of the throat may be caused by an imbalanced throat chakra.
Mouth ulcers and gum problems may be caused by an imbalance in this chakra.
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some mental issues. Some of the issues such as:
- low self-esteem
- unclear speech
- confused thoughts
- escaping from truth/reality.
You may feel like escaping the real world due to an inactive throat chakra. You may get depressed when exposed to the harsh truth of the real world. You may be affected by the words of others. You may be influenced by others easily because of your unclear mind.
On the other hand, if you have an overactive throat chakra, you may be having problems listening to others. You may feel egoistic and can have arrogance in your behavior. You may criticize people, talk too much, say unnecessary things, and be rude.
Throat Chakra Healing:
1. Meditation: Meditate by sitting on the mat or chair or anywhere you are comfortable. Sit silently and reflect on yourselves. Create self-awareness. You will slowly understand the things that are going wrong in your life. If these things are related to the throat chakra as mentioned above, work on them.
You can just stop/start doing some things by bringing total awareness to your life. This way, you will have almost full control over your life and every chakra will get balanced by itself.
Meditate on the pit of the throat. Imagine a bright blue light emerging from your throat chakra and spreading away. Say in your mind “I have total control over my thoughts and words”, “My throat chakra is opening”, “I speak my truth”, “I am open to receive wisdom”, “I am wise”, etc.
2. Yoga poses: Try some yoga poses listed here. Yoga poses activate certain body parts as well as chakras. They make you stronger, sharper, and vibrant. These yoga poses will open and stimulate your throat chakra and help you heal faster.
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
Baby Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
Plow Pose (Halasana)
Supported Shoulder Stand (Salamba Sarvangasana)
3. Affirmations: Say
- “I listen to my own knowledge”
- “I speak my truth”
- “I do not hurt anyone with my words”
- “I express my creativity with ease”
- “I am authentic”
4. Self Awareness: Be aware of your words. You should not hurt anyone by saying harsh things. You should never insult anyone. The throat chakra is about wisdom and knowledge. One who is aware of his own knowledge cannot hurt and let others down.
Come home, take a bath, comfort yourself with clean and blue-colored clothes, listen to soothing music, watch some spiritual movies and relax. Meditate.
5. Foods to eat: Coconut water, herbal teas, raw honey, lemon, melons, etc. help stimulate and heal the heart chakra.
6. Essential oils: Essential oils for healing the throat chakra are:
- Carrot Seed
An awakened throat chakra means your communication and speech are good. Your speech is heard by people. You speak your truth. You make wise decisions and help others to do the same. Your wisdom and knowledge grow exponentially.