The Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra, also called “Anahata” chakra is the fourth chakra in the human body located near the heart, in the center of the chest. The word “anahata” literally means unstruck. This chakra is related to pure love (unconditional), compassion, and joy.
The heart chakra is a bridge between the lower and upper chakras integrating both the physical and nonphysical nature of human being. The Heart chakra is the center of love, compassion, empathy, and forgiveness.
Its color is “Green” and the element of this chakra is “Air”. The Anahata chakra represents the transformation and the energy of love.
With an open heart chakra, you can feel the love, compassion, empathy, joy, and connectedness with everything around you. Your relationships will flourish because of the unconditional love and compassion pouring out of you.
Signs of an imbalanced Heart Chakra:
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some issues in your physical health. The heart chakra affects the heart, lungs, chest, and arms. Some of the issues such as:
- Lowered immune system
- Colds, cases of flu
- Heart Issues, palpitations
- Lung issues
- Poor blood circulation
- Blood pressure Fluctuation
- Breathing difficulties
You may get these heart and lung issues because of the imbalanced energy in the heart chakra.
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some mental issues. Some of the issues such as:
- Feeling jealous
- Defensive behavior
- Trust issues
- Intimacy issues
You may feel shy, lonely, depressed, and anxious if you have an underactive heart chakra. On the other hand, if you have an overactive heart chakra, you may be jealous, be dependent on others for happiness, expect too much from others, and be judgemental towards other’s lives.
You may not be able to trust people easily. Relationship issues will arise due to your trust issues, behavior, and intimacy issues. (1) This is why you need to heal your heart chakra to live happily.
Heart Chakra Healing:
1. Meditation: Meditate by sitting on the mat or chair or anywhere you are comfortable. Sit silently and reflect on yourselves. Create self-awareness. (2) You will slowly understand the things that are going wrong in your life. Focus on the things that need to give attention to, like, relationships, friendships, love, compassion, empathy, etc.
Picturise yourself immersed in love from the universe, from every entity around you, this will heal the heart chakra. See what all you can do to have a good lifestyle.
2. Yoga poses: Try some yoga poses listed here. Yoga poses activate certain body parts as well as chakras. They make you stronger, sharper, and vibrant. These yoga poses will open and stimulate your heart chakra and help you heal faster.
Cat/Cow Pose (Marjaryasana/Bitilasana)
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Reclined Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
3. Affirmations: Say
- “My heart is open to give and receive love”
- “I am compassionate”
- “I love every living entity in this universe”.
4. Self Awareness: Be aware of your giving to others instead of gaining from them. If you are loving and compassionate, nobody can hate or ignore you. Be open to love. Do not live in closed boundaries. Learn to trust people and gain their trust too. Be a trustworthy person.
Come home early, take a bath, comfort yourself with clean and green-colored clothes, listen to love music, watch some romantic movies and relax. Meditate. (3)
5. Foods to eat: Dark green leafy veggies like spinach, kale, broccoli, etc. help stimulate and heal the heart chakra.
6. Essential oils: Essential oils for healing the heart chakra are marjoram, angelica, hyssop, lavender, neroli, rose, chamomile, ylang-ylang, rosemary, sandalwood, and frankincense.
An awakened heart chakra means your connection with people around you is very loving and compassionate. You are in harmony with nature. You feel happy and joyful. You feel connected to each and every entity in this universe. Your love-life and relationships flourish.