Ajna Chakra, also called “The third eye” chakra is the sixth chakra in the human body located in between the eyebrows. The word “Ajna” means to perceive, a command that is beyond wisdom. This chakra is the center of consciousness, perception, and intuition.
A balanced Ajna chakra shows freedom of thought and expression. This chakra opens the door to the divine. This brings clarity to all the five senses in the body.
Its color is “Indigo” and the element of this chakra is “Light”. The color indigo encourages the transformation of energies from the physical realm to the spiritual realm. The Ajna chakra seed mantra is “Om”. The pineal gland functions are connected to the Ajna chakra.
The awakening of the Ajna chakra develops ultimate intelligence and helps one in spiritual awakening.
With an open Ajna chakra, you can make proper decisions for yourself and for others around you. You will gain wisdom because of the clarity that you have in your thoughts and vision.
Signs of an imbalanced Ajna Chakra:
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some issues in your physical health. Some of the issues are:
- eye problems
- migraine (1)
- pineal gland functioning issues
You may get these physical issues because of the imbalanced energy in the Ajna chakra. Anything related to vision and the pineal gland can be caused by an imbalanced Ajna chakra.
Headaches and migraines are normally the issues caused when you have imbalanced energy in the third eye. The secretion of melatonin happens in the pineal gland. Melatonin is a hormone released in the dark. So when you are exposed to light at night for a long time, the production of melatonin gets hindered and due to which your sleep quality gets affected.
Serotonin is another such hormone released in the pineal gland which is responsible to prevent REM (rapid eye movement) during sleep. This also gets affected when the pineal gland is not functioning properly. (2)
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some mental issues such as:
- lack of focus
You may feel dull and have a confused vision due to which you may have difficulty in making decisions. You may also get irritated by your own indecisiveness and if it lasts for a long time, it may concern you a lot. You may lose your focus at work.
Ajna Chakra Healing:
1. Meditation: Meditate by sitting on the mat or chair or anywhere you are comfortable. Sit silently and reflect on yourselves. Create self-awareness. You will slowly understand the things that are going wrong in your life. If these things are related to the Ajna chakra as mentioned above, work on them. (3)
You can just stop/start doing some things by bringing total awareness to your life. This way, you will have almost full control over your life and every chakra will get balanced by itself.
Meditate on the area between the eyebrows. Imagine a bright beam of light emerging from your Ajna chakra. Imagine your Ajna chakra is illuminated by the color Dark blue or Indigo. Say in your mind “I am clear about my decisions”, “I am open to my inner wisdom”, and “I manifest my vision”.
2. Yoga poses: Try some yoga poses listed here. Yoga poses activate certain body parts as well as chakras. They make you stronger, sharper, and vibrant. These yoga poses will open and stimulate your Ajna chakra and help you heal faster.
Dolphin Plank (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
Warrior III Pose (Virabhadrasana III)
Dolphin Pose (Catur Svanasana)
Feathered Peacock Pose (Pincha Mayurasana)
3. Affirmations: Say
- “I see all things clearly”
- “I can manifest my vision”
- “I trust my intuition”
- “I am open to the wisdom”
- “I am on the right path and connected to my purpose”
4. Self Awareness: Be aware of your vision. Awareness is the most important thing especially when you are healing. Carefully watch your thoughts and try to read them. If you found yourself to be confused about the smallest decisions in life, you probably need to sit back and reflect.
Come home, take a bath, comfort yourself with clean blue/indigo-colored clothes, listen to soothing music, watch some spiritual movies and relax. Meditate.
5. Foods to eat: Dark blue-colored fruits like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc. help stimulate and heal the Ajna chakra.
6. Essential oils: Essential oils for healing the Ajna chakra are:
- Pure Angelica
- Clary Sage
- Bay Laurel
- Sweet Marjoram
An awakened Ajna chakra means your vision. Your speech is heard by people. You see things clearly. You make wise decisions and help others make good decisions. Your intuition and focus expand to the highest potential.