The Sacral Chakra, also called Svadhisthana chakra is the second chakra in the human body located above the pubic bone and below the navel. This chakra is related to creativity, sensuality, and sexuality.
It is associated with the sex organs and kidneys. The word Svadhisthana means “place where the self is established”. Self-esteem, self-confidence, and emotional needs are dependent on the sacral chakra.
Inability to express emotions, sexual intimacy, fear of judgments, and other such factors depends on this chakra.
The color of this chakra is orange. Its natural element is water. It is represented by a six-petalled lotus flower.
Signs of over-active Sacral Chakra:
When the sacral chakra is over-active, you may feel some hike in your mental and emotional health. Some of the issues such as:
- Over emotional, the feeling of drowning in emotions
- Emotional ups and downs
- Escaping from emotional situations
- Obsession over relationships
- Overindulging in sexual activities than required.
The sacral chakra is a chakra that represents our emotions, sensuality, and sexuality. An upsurge in the energy of this chakra can make you feel over-emotional, that is you may tend to feel the emotions too much, sometimes not in control.
You may also tend to escape certain situations which can trigger your emotions. You may become overprotective of your loved ones which can lead to obsession with the person.
Signs of under-active Sacral Chakra:
When this chakra is under-active, you may feel low emotions. Some of the issues such as:
- Detachment of emotions
- Low sex drive
- Low creativity.
An underactive sacral chakra may make you feel detached from your emotions. Most of the time you may want to be alone, isolated from society. As you tend to interact less with people, your emotions and creativity become stagnant which leads to anxiety issues.
As this chakra represents sexuality, your sexual drive may also get affected. You may not feel the desire to have sexual intimacy. Your creativity will also get hindered. (1)
Sacral Chakra Healing:
The sacral chakra is the chakra that affects our emotions. So if you feel lonely, sad, depressed, anxious, etc. for more than a while, you may have an overactive or an underactive sacral chakra.
The sacral chakra is also called as Svadhisthana chakra because it represents “The Self”. If you are not at peace with yourself, you will most probably have problems in your relationships. You may obsess over a particular person, and try to over-protect them. You may also have trust issues with people.
Nowadays, people do not recognize that the problem is within themselves and not others. If you can not trust people, it’s not that people aren’t trustworthy, it may be your sacral chakra imbalance. (2)
Issues like low sex drive and infertility may be caused by an under-active sacral chakra. So, it is very important to heal this chakra to live a happy life.
1. Meditation: Meditate by sitting on the mat or chair or anywhere you are comfortable. Sit silently and reflect on yourselves. Create self-awareness. You will slowly understand the things that are going wrong in your life. Cultivate a passion for helping others selflessly.
2. Yoga poses: Try some yoga poses listed at the bottom. Yoga poses activate certain body parts as well as chakras. They make you stronger and sharper.
Goddess Pose (Utkata Konasana)
Reverse Warrior Pose (Viparita Virabhadrasana)
Wide-Legged Forward Bend (Prasarita Padottanasana)
3. Affirmations: Say
- “I trust my feelings, I trust myself”
- “I express my feelings without fear and doubt”
- “My creativity flows freely”
4. Clean water: Use clean and fresh water in your daily life. Take bath every day in the morning with fresh water. Visit places like waterfalls, beaches, and rivers. Water is the main content of our body, so, we should use water consciously.
5. Self Priority and Awareness: Prioritize yourself when it comes to worthless activities. Come home early, take a bath, comfort yourself with clean clothes, listen to soothing music, and relax. Meditate. (3)
An awakened sacral chakra means your connection with the sacral chakra is strong and in complete balance. You feel happiness and joy where ever you are, whoever you are with. Your relationships flourish. You become compassionate and loving.