The Solar plexus Chakra, also called “Manipura” chakra is the third chakra in the human body located above the belly navel. This chakra is related to personal power, willpower, warrior energy, ambition, etc.
The Manipura chakra is the maintenance center of the body. It is, in a way a consequence of the Root and the Sacral chakra. The base of the Manipura chakra is the first two chakras. After creation, it is a fundamental need to maintain it well.
This is where the 72 thousand nadis meet and redistribute themselves. Its color is “yellow” and the element of this chakra is “fire”.
The Manipura chakra is the powerhouse of the body. It also governs the digestive system and metabolism.
Signs of an imbalanced Manipura Chakra:
When this chakra is over-active, you may feel some hike in your physical health. Some of the issues such as:
- Digestion issues
- Improper nutrient absorption
- Disturbed bowel movement
- Liver disease
- Eating disorders (1)
- Pancreatic issues.
The Manipura chakra is a chakra that represents our self-esteem, sense of purpose, identity, willpower, digestion, and metabolism. An imbalance in the energy of this chakra can make you feel constipated. You may have eating disorders and digestion issues like indigestion, bloating, and acidity.
You may also get liver problems and pancreatic issues because of the imbalanced energy in the Manipura chakra.
You may feel low energy if you have an underactive Manipura chakra. Laziness may overpower you and you may sit all day long with very less or no physical activity. Your willpower will go down and you will not be ambitious enough to fulfill your goals and desires.
If your Manipura chakra is overactive you may be overactive yourself. You may have an acidic stomach if you do not eat frequently. You may be over-ambitious to fulfill your goals and desires.
When this chakra is imbalanced, you may feel some mental issues. Some of the issues such as:
- Self-expression issues
- Aggressive behavior
- Controlling behavior
- Low temper
- Feeling victimized
- Low self-esteem (2)
- Low courage
- Feeling stagnant, lazy.
An underactive solar plexus chakra may make you feel angry and you may behave aggressively sometimes. Most of the time you may want to be controlling any situation or people around you. You may be short-tempered. You may notice laziness and feel stagnant.
Manipura Chakra Healing:
1. Meditation: Meditate by sitting on the mat or chair or anywhere you are comfortable. Sit silently and reflect on yourselves. Create self-awareness. You will slowly understand the things that are going wrong in your life.
Focus on the things that need to give attention to, like, digestion, eating habits, diet, nutrition, exercise, etc. See what you can do to build a good lifestyle.
2. Yoga poses: Try some yoga poses listed here. Yoga poses activate certain body parts as well as chakras. They make you stronger and sharper.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
The Bow pose opens the chest and front of the body which stimulates the Manipura chakra.
The boat pose helps in increasing core strength and toning the abdominals. It stimulates the Manipura chakra.
Half Spinal Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
The Half spinal twist lengthens and strengthens the spine and stimulates the digestive system. It stimulates the Manipura chakra.
3. Affirmations: Say
- “I am strong, powerful, and confident”
- “I am aligned with my purpose”
- “I believe in myself”
- “I can achieve anything that I want to”.
4. Self Priority and Awareness: Prioritize yourself when it comes to worthless activities. Come home early, take a bath, comfort yourself with clean clothes, listen to soothing music, and relax. Meditate. (3)
5. Foods to eat: Cinnamon, vanilla, sesame seeds, Bananas, pineapple, corn, lemons, etc. help stimulate and heal the Manipura chakra.
An awakened Manipura chakra means your connection with your goals and desires is strong and your inner power is in complete balance. You feel happy and joyful and confident enough where ever you are, whoever you are with. Your work-life flourishes. You become ambitious and hard working.