Not only nutrients, there would certainly be no life on earth if there is no water. Hence, it is an important tool for all natural habitats in the environment to survive.
The human body consists of 70% water, hence the significance of it is utmost to humans. We lose it through breathing, physical activities and digestion, therefore it is important to rehydrate ourselves with right amount of fluids and foods that contain water with necessary nutrients. To know more
Right way to consume water
Water is an important ingredient of our body, therefore, we need to know the right ways of consuming it. Here are some of the tips you should follow:
1) Always drink while sitting: The digestive system functions properly when it is in its original structure (shape). The secretion of acids, digestion, absorption of nutrients and excretion happens perfectly in the sitting position.
So, we should always drink or eat while we sit. If we intake while standing or in any other position, it may cause bloating, indigestion, acidity or some problems with defecation.
2) Consume more in the morning: We should always drink water in large quantities in the morning and less quantities in the evening because the ability of hydration of our body is more in the morning than at night.
If you consume more fluids in the evening, you may experience some problems like bloating or indigestion.
3) Do not drink while eating: Drinking fluids in between meals can cause acidity if one already has digestive related problems.
Also, doing that forces the stomach to depend on fluids for digestion (liquids break down large chunks of food) and eventually generates a habitual practice which is not good for the long run.
4) Do not drink it too cold or too hot: Intaking chilled liquids contract the blood vessels and restricts digestion, where as hot water can damage internal parts of esophagus, burn taste buds and sear your tongue.
One should always drink it around the range of body’s temperature. Since, body’s normal temperature is around 36 degrees, it is recommended to drink water which has the variation of 10 degrees on both sides (from 26 to 46 degrees).
5) Store in clay, steel or copper vessels: When you drink from a plastic bottle or container, especially during summer, the heat causes the plastic material to release toxic chemicals in water which is harmful for the body.
The best alternatives to store it are clay (earthen pots), this helps to maintain pH level of the body since clay is alkaline in nature (and our body is acidic) keeping our system balanced. Copper vessels are also best known to boost immunity, support digestion and improve joint health.
6) Do not gasp or swallow fluids: One should drink slowly and sip instead of consuming in large quantity at a time. Gasping or swallowing traps the air in the tract of esophagus which causes malfunction in the digestive system and results in gas, acidity and heart burn.
Also, the pores will not close for a while after you come out of the shower which may cause irritation, redness or infection due to dust or dirt present in the surroundings.
2) Donot wash your hair with hot water: While washing hair, use luke warm or water at normal temperature to maintain healthy scalp and hair, and also to control the temperature of the brain. High temperature dries out your hair and scalp making it frizzy.
3) Wash your clothes and utensils with hot water: Always remember to use soft water to wash clothes, utensils and other household because the soap or detergent doesn’t mix with hard water. Hence, it reduces the cleaning effect.
For more healthy tips, click on this link.
Do follow us on Instagram for great content and updates.